Decred project lead, Jake Yocom-Piatt, sits down with Eduardo to discuss JY-P's most recent politeia proposal to change Decred's PoW/PoS subsidy split from 60/30 to 10/80.
Join us live Friday, December 3rd at 1pm EST
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:36 - initial conversation with TacoTime
- 4:44 - When you first read tacosrevenge, what did you think?
- 7:06 - How did DEX help reveal strange DCR Market behavior
- 9:17 - Why is this change needed; is it drastic?
- 12:00 - Mechanics of TS
- 15:22 - Scale/Sophistication of TS
- 19:21 - ASIC Monopolies/ Changing Miner landscape
- 24:00 - relation between ASIC miners and TS group
- 26:23 - Human Action/ Consequence of subsidy change
- 30:43 - Is this a temporary or longer fix
- 33:09 - Timing of the subsidy split regarding emission schedule
- 35:48 - Add some subsidy to treasury?
- 41:08 - TS as staker
- 47:48 - Risks in increasing staker rewards
- 51:36 - Monetary Policy/ Sound Money
- 54:50 - Why Decred?
- 58:47 - Future of Decentralized Organizations
Find out more about Decred: https://decred.org